Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Livin' on the edge!



Well, this isn't about the extreme sports that's killin me (because, honestly that is very unlikely!) It was my phrase describing...the mood here in Dubai. Livin' on the edge, careful not to fall or less....retrenchment! Yeah, fellas, local news is not complete without any mention of companies laying off workers in hundreds! That bad, huh? So now, the Dubai dream is really over? Two weeks ago, the company where i work for had terminated more or less 200 people, in mix nationalities. Mid of the year, recession was just in US and i NEVER thought (fool of me!) that the bad monkey (recession-that is!) will want to go Dubai Mall. Hell, i really wish his visit visa would expire soon and found himself exiting somewhere, anywhere (except my in dear Pinas) outside UAE.


I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, next week or next month. Because maybe, my head is next in the next batch of mass termination (creepy!). My family is here and we love the life we have here humidity and scorching summer heat included. And if bad becomes worst- quo vadis? If it ends, where will we begin? Even the formidable economy of Japan is crumbling.


Faith and hope. Faith that the Almighty will help us survive this crisis and hope that next year, it will be better.

No comments: